Being an active participant in AAI committees and engaging in other AAI volunteer service activities is a valuable benefit of AAI membership. Our dedicated members, like you, who volunteer each year, play a crucial role in guiding AAI, contributing to the success of their fellow colleagues, and helping shape the future of both AAI and the field of immunology. Your involvement is a rewarding way to make a meaningful impact within our community while advancing your own interests in the field of immunology.
AAI gratefully acknowledges the current and past service of members on AAI’s standing committees (and their subcommittees), ad hoc committees, and in other volunteer roles. These AAI members have dedicated significant time and effort to advancing the field by contributing to and helping support AAI Annual Meeting planning; AAI training, career development, and mentoring programs; peer review of manuscripts and oversight of policies pertinent to AAI publications; advancement of public affairs initiatives; and much more. All committee appointments are made through an annual process in which the AAI Council identifies current and future leaders to serve in pivotal committee roles. Those appointed to committees and to other service activities volunteer their valuable experience, talents, ideas, and energy to shape the field of immunology and ensure that AAI meets the needs of immunologists at all career stages. Volunteers also inspire their present and future colleagues by demonstrating the value of volunteer service in sustaining the field and building its future.
Call for Volunteers
AAI invites members to register their interest in being considered for an AAI volunteer service appointment by submitting an AAI Volunteer Interest Form. Submissions are encouraged from members at every career stage and from every background and area of research focus/interest. A list of volunteer appointment opportunities is below.
Annual AAI Appointments Process
- Expressions of interest in being considered for an AAI committee or other volunteer service appointment may be submitted throughout the year.
- Annual review of appointment volunteers and nominations takes place each spring following the annual AAI Election and prior to the AAI Annual Meeting.
- Members whose submissions of interest are received by March 1 will be considered during the annual spring review of appointment volunteers and nominations, for service commencing on July 1.
- The terms of most committee and other appointments are for multiple years; not all appointed positions are subject to appointment each year.
- Members considered but not appointed may be considered in the succeeding year. However, members are encouraged to resubmit their interest regularly to ensure their preferences are up to date.
- All appointments to AAI committees are at the discretion of the AAI Council.
- Appointments to other volunteer service opportunities are at the discretion of the AAI committee charged with overseeing the corresponding volunteer activity.